Week 1 of my digital typography class

Our class started out with a project that was right off the bat. Our Teacher Mr. Mehallo, asked us to come up with a visual page that showed him our level of type experience. He gave us a set of ten random questions and said,” come up with something in three hours.” He then proceeded to leave the room and let our minds wonder. Needless to say I probably came up with some of the most worst project ideas all slapped on to one page. Lets say when it came down to talking about my file, I had every bad example of good typography known to man. He then gave us our homework and for the most part we had to revise and redo our piece that we showed for class. Caught in a struggle in what I wanted to do, I then came up with the image that is below. After showing what I had did in class before, and bring in this new work. I think I shocked my teacher just a little bit. But at this stage of knowledge of typography, I was happy to get any kind of gratitude for my work. I know have to find two good looking weblogs and two horrible looking weblogs. Along with two historical type designers. This should be interesting. 







No comments:

Post a Comment